- FEBRUARY 17, 2012
- BY: JACE SHOEMAKER-GALLOWAY
“While Valentine’s Day celebrates love, romance and your significant other, today celebrates a beverage folks have been enjoying for thousands of years. Whether you prefer the red, white, dry or the sparkling variety, today is dedicated to all things wine. It’s National Drink Wine Day!
Happy National Drink Wine Day
While some people celebrate National Drink Wine Day just about every day of the year, this “holiday” is officially celebrated onFebruary 18th. Whether you are single, married or somewhere in between, everyone of legal age can enjoy this annual holiday! And today isn’t the only occasion celebrating wine either. National Wine Day is also observed in May so now you have twoholidays to look forward to!
The Benefits of Wine
Whether you consider yourself a wine connoisseur or novice, wine not only tastes good but may also be good for your health when consumed in moderation. Some experts believe red wine may inhibit kidney stone formation and the development of certain cancers. And some believe certain wines may also reduce the risk of stroke and heart attacks as well. While some wine may be beneficial, drinking too much alcohol can be harmful to your health.
How to Celebrate National Drink Wine Day
- Some establishments participate in the event by offering discounts and specials.
- Invite a few of your favorite BFFs over for your own, one-of-a-kind Wine Tasting Party.
- Don’t forget the chocolate!
- You can’t have a party without some great desserts! Check out this listing of Dessert Wine with Cheesecake Recipes. Yum!
- Speaking of parties, Food and Wine Magazine suggests the 10 Ultimate Wines for Dinner Parties.
- Instead of buying the same old bottle, try something new for a change.
- Make it movie night. Pick up a few flicks, whip up a few snacks and grab a few bottles of your favorite wine and enjoy!
- By the way – you don’t need to spend a fortune to get a great bottle of wine either. Check out this listing of America’s Best and Most Accessible Value Wines.
- Just where are the very best wine bars in the world?
- Confused about which wine tastes best with what cheese? Check out this helpful Wine and Cheese Pairing Guide for some guidance.
- AskMen discusses 3 Classic White Wines.
- Learn which are the Perfect Wines for Any Meal.
In honor of the occasion, pop open the cork on that favorite bottle of wine, raise your glass and live a little! Cheers! Today is also National Battery Day.“